11th & 12th ENTREPRENEURSHIP
WHY ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN SCHOOL?
- Ages 15-18 is an ideal time, to take risks, try new things and to put forth new ideas;
- A time when you are not tied down by commitments;
- A time when you don’t have the fear of failure;
- A time when expectations of the society from an individual are limited;
- A time when you can grow the leader within you!
To become an entrepreneur is to embark on a magical, thrilling, unpredictable, life-changing adventure.
WHAT DO WE OFFER TO OUR STUDENTS?
A glimpse at the curriculum
We will be offering 5 streams to the students with Entrepreneurship, English and Business Studies being common subjects. Students can choose two other subjects of their choice from the following options. All the electives provided are major subjects approved by the CBSE.
• Fashion Studies – English . Entrepreneurship . Business studies . Fashion studies . Fine Arts
• Heritage Craft– English . Entrepreneurship . Business studies . Fine Arts . Heritage craft
• Multimedia– English . Entrepreneurship . Business studies . Graphic Design . Multimedia and Web technology
• General Entrepreneurship– English . Entrepreneurship . Business studies . Accountancy . Economics
• Agriculture– English . Entrepreneurship . Business studies . Accountancy . Economics . Agriculture
Going beyond the curriculum
Akshara is a school that focuses on nurturing socially responsible entrepreneurs. The entrepreneurship program provides a vista of opportunities beyond the curriculum to the students for development of their skills and to bring them closer to life. Through exposure to field work, case studies in classrooms, group work, visioning exercises and workshops with experts, our course design will help the students to:
• Be analytical as well as thoughtful in their approach
• Learn financial literacy and management
• Start a venture and get hands-on experience of running a business
• Run the School Cafe, Honesty shop and Library, organize school celebrations
• Meet entrepreneurs and visit their enterprises
• Intern with an Entrepreneur during summer break
• Go back to basics with organic farming, run the school farm by working in it
• Get glimpses of spiritual experiences through travel and reading
• Attend exchange programs with other schools in India and abroad.
WHAT TYPE OF FACULTY WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE PROGRAM?
Akshara ‘s pedagogical methods include learning via experience. We believe that the students should feel what they are learning and understand the intricate details of a subject by doing it on their own. Books are used as resources to assist a subject but our focus is to let the students think and question ideas, processes and methods in order to comprehend the subject matter. Therefore, we have a pool of mentors and teachers, experts in their field of work, who will engage with the students in participative learning and assist in developing the entrepreneur within the students. We will be inviting guest faculty from various backgrounds, who are first generation entrepreneurs, for conducting workshops with students. These workshops will be designed in order to cover the various streams offered in school. Meeting entrepreneurs in person will help clear the numerous doubts that students have about running their own ventures. The workshop will provide a space to ask questions and clarify the thought process of the students and develop various perspectives in them to look at their future.